> From: johnrock [mailto:johnpi...@yahoo.com]
> Subject: Re: setup default webapp in tomcat 6 and apache
>
> Assuming tomcat is running standalone on port 80, how do I
> set it up so that when I call
> http://localhost/index.jsp
> Tomcat defaults to serving my custom app located at:
> C:/myApp/web/index.jsp
> as opposed to what it is doing now, which is serving:
> C:\Program Files\Apache Software
> Foundation\apache-tomcat-6.0.18\webapps\ROOT\index.jsp

This is a much easier question to answer.

1) Stop Tomcat.

2) Delete the ROOT directory under Tomcat's webapps directory.

3) Delete everything in Tomcat's work directory.  (This is overkill, but it's
easiest this way.)

4) Create a file in Tomcat's conf/Catalina/localhost directory named ROOT.xml
(case matters, even on Windows).

5) In the ROOT.xml file, put the following:
<Context docBase="C:/myApp/web" />

6) Restart Tomcat.

That should be all you need.

 - Chuck