Hello:

This has been a truly frustrating problem.  Here is what I did:

Tomcat 6.0.18
JDK 1.5 u 16
Eclipse w/ WTP 3.4.1
Ojdbc14dms.jar
Dms.jar

I placed my drivers in lib.

In web.xml, I put

    <resource-ref>
      <res-ref-name>jdbc/GFDataSource</res-ref-name>
      <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
    </resource-ref>

I placed the following in three different places, conf/server.xml,
conf/context.xml, and in a context file in my app's META-INF directory:

      <Resource name="jdbc/GFDataSource" auth="Container"
                type="javax.sql.DataSource"
                maxActive="30"
                maxIdle="2"
                maxWait="1000"
                username="username"
                password="password"
                driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver"
                uri="jdbc:oracle:thin:@aserver:2224:DB"/>

For driverClassName, I've also tried oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.

This application works on other servers.

Please help!

J.  ERIC  HAMACHER
Software Application Developer
608.664.3859
8476 Greenway Boulevard
Suite 100
Middleton, WI  53562
USA
GALLUP Technology

Achiever | Learner | Restorative | Intellection | Deliberative