For each Tomcat

set

<Receiver address="your-ip-goes-here" ... />

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/cluster-receiver.html

that way you broad cast your-ip-goes-here instead.

alternatively, setup your hostname properly, and make sure the hostname resolves to the IP address, and not 127.0.0.1

Filip

Jorge Medina wrote:
Hi, I am trying to configure session replication using the <Cluster> object. The documentation says:
       "The IP broadcasted is
java.net.InetAddress.getLocalHost().getHostAddress() (make sure you don't broadcast 127.0.0.1, this is a common
error)"
I just wrote a small java program to see what my system return for
java.net.InetAddress.getLocalHost().getHostAddress()
    It returns 127.0.0.1

    Is this something that needs to be changed by modifying the network
configuration of the box?

-Jorge