you'd write it yourself

for example, configure CATALINA_HOME, CATALINA_BASE, TOMCAT_USER and CATALINA_PID and to start you would do

start() {
   isrunning
   if [ $? -eq 0 ];
   then
       echo "Tomcat is already running: PID=$PID"
       return 1
   fi
if [ -f $CATALINA_BASE/bin/startup.sh ];
   then
       echo "Starting Tomcat"
       /bin/su $TOMCAT_USER $CATALINA_HOME/bin/startup.sh
       PID=`cat $CATALINA_PID`
       echo "Tomcat started: PID=$PID"
   fi
}

the is running function would check to see if the PID exists
the stop function would issue a kill, then sleep X seconds and then issue a kill -9 if the process is still running

Filip