On 10.03.2009 23:10, André Warnier wrote:

Rainer Jung wrote:
[...]
2) getRemoteAddr() gives you the address of the system, which opened
the connection. In case of an AJP connector, this is not true, because
AJP is meant to be used for reverse proxies. So here you get the
address of the system which opened the connection to the web server,
forwarded via AJP to Tomcat.

Rainer, how does that combine with the mod_jk "ForwardLocalAddress"
directive ?

And, by the way, which local address are we talking about ?
(I mean,if the front-end Apache server has several IP adresses, which
one would it pass on to Tomcat ?)

Ah, actually forgot about that one. We then forward a local_ip field of httpd as the client address. From the code of httpd it seems, that it is the address, to which the connection came in. I'll double check and add that feature to the new jk documentation page about proxies.

Thanks for asking,

Rainer