On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 5:29 PM, Caldarale, Charles R
<chuck.caldar...@unisys.com> wrote:
>> From: Gregor Schneider [mailto:rc4...@googlemail.com]
>> Subject: Re: Lazy Virtual Hosting?
>>
>> I want a *separation* of the hosts. Alias, as I understand it, helps
>> to run multiple domains within the same IP-adress.
>
> No, it can be used for different things.  In this case, the <Alias> simply
> allows use of either the DNS name or the IP address.  You would still have
> one <Host> element for each site, and each <Host> element would have an
> <Alias> of its IP address inside it.
>
>> Since I can't insert a Valve into a Server-Element, there's
>> no SSO-functionality between different Services
>
> Yup, that precludes the strict separation mechanism.
>
>> Therefore, I guess I stick with my current design having 1 Service, 1
>> Executor, in there 1 HTTP-Connector for each IP, and I should be on
>> the safe side.
>
> Yes, just add the appropriate <Alias> inside each <Host>.

I see. What I missed was, that I assumed (led by the example in the
docs) that Alias takes a hostname as argument. Never thought of the
option to place an IP-address.

Cheers

Gregor
--
just because your paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you...
gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2