Hi,

 I'v really stuck with an issue. I have done a web program using struts
framework. I have a plugin class there for which i have to pass a
configuration file as parameter. That file is in webapps/Myapp/WEB-INF/
directory. So i mentioned relative path as
../webapps/Myapp/WEB-INF/conf.xml. it works fine if i download tomcat zip
file & extract it & use. Bt if i download a .exe file (eg:
Apache-tomcat-5.5.15.exe) & run it to install & use it, struts doesnt get
that path.

I'm really stuck with this prob. i need a way to specify path which works
for both tomcat installations.

Please help me to solve this prob.

Note:
I thought to check where a file creates if i create a file from my program.
When the tomcat.zip is used i found the created test file is in bin
directory of tomcat. That means tomcat defaultly points to bin directory, so
the path to the config file ../webapps/Myapp/WEB-INF/conf.xml. works fine.
When i used tomcat.exe & installed tomcat in my machine & run the program,i
found that the test file i created in my code level was in windows/system32/
directory. so in this case tomcat doesnt defaultly points to the bin
directory i guess.

hope this helps to give me a good answer.
Thanks in advance.