> From: Ken Bowen [mailto:kbo...@als.com]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat for Dummies

> I believe (but do not know -- Chuck, Mark??) that Tomcat essentially
> creates a (new or recycled) thread in which to run  contextDestroyed .

Looks like it's actually the thread that processes the request for the Tomcat
manager app that calls contextDestroyed() (and contextIntitialized() when
restarting); no new threads are spawned or picked up out of the pool.
(Verified by setting maxThreads="1" and displaying the thread name in the
listener.)

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.