Chris,

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 5:14 PM, Christopher Schultz
<ch...@christopherschultz.net> wrote:

> Gregor,
>
> On 3/13/2009 11:42 AM, Gregor Schneider wrote:
>> So would following scenario work?
>>
>> - login using form-based login via https
>>
>> - when successful:
>>    HttpSession session = request.getSession();
>>    // guess that shoudln't happen
>>    if (session != null) {
>>       session.invalidate();
>>    }
>>    session = request.getSession (true);
>>
>> Looks ok to me - you comments?
>
> I don't see how this could work. Immediately after login you invalidate
> the session, thus logging-out the user.

Duuh... you're right: Invalidated the session logs the user out.

> Here's what you want to do:

[ snip ]

> I think that will make it all work.

So will I then be able to access the HttpSession-object created when
inside HTTPS (login-page) when I'm querying it from within a JSP
served via plain HTTP?
That was the problem Chuck mentioned, and this I tried to solve with
my - silly - suggestion from above?

Actually I don't think so.

What I'm just wondering is:

I sees quite some pages using HTTPS for Authorization (Form-based),
but once authorized, they serve via HTTP.
How just simply do they do that?

Rgds

Gregor
--
just because your paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you...
gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2