Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
From: Carol Cheung [mailto:cache...@consumercontact.com] Subject: tomcat database connection pool

In tomcat 5.5, the database connection pool associated with my application does not seem to "shutdown" when I undeploy the application.

You don't say if the DBCP is managed by the container (Tomcat) or by your
webapp.  If it's the former, the pool will persist for the life of Tomcat (but
see the link below).  If the latter, your best bet is to implement a
ServletContextListener that will explicitly shut down the pool when the
contextDestroyed() method is called.  The servlet spec even uses this situation
as an example.

An easier link to follow for the previously reference discussion thread is this:
http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-user&m=123529838331464&w=2

And the critical messages of the thread:
http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-user&m=123532841602124&w=2
http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-user&m=123532986503723&w=2

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.