On 26.03.2009 12:59, Nuno Manuel Martins wrote:
Hi All,

First the versions I am using: Tomcat 6.0.16 JRE 1.6.0_06 Mod_jk
1.2.25

Now for the problem we are experiencing:

We are making some tests to use in production the TomCat Cluster with
JK_Mod and are using the 1 Apache with mod_jk and 2 TomCat servers..

The test is based in a simple .jsp page that give us the localhost
name, the session id, and a login variable.

To prove that is working we tested in the following way:

- Failover from A to B - "Return Home" from B to A - Failover again
from A to B

To do the failover we tested in 2 different ways:

- Kill -9 Tomcat - Stop worker in JK_Mod

The Results:

- Killing the Tomcat worked fine - When using the STOP/ACTIVATE
options in jkmanager it works fine when going from A to B, but when
we re-ACTIVATE A and STOP B then the session ID is changed and all
variables are lost.

This seems a very strange behavior and any help would be appreciated.
Should I direct this inquiry into a specific mod_jk mailing list?

No there is no separate list. But your description for me looks like you should first check, whether your cluster session replication is actually working in your above test cases.

For this simply connect to the Tomcat http ports of the nodes directly, and only after those tests succeed start careing about a load balancer in front.

Regards,

Rainer