Dan Armbrust wrote:
[...]

Actually,  it's not.  The stack trace is not present in _any_ log file
that Tomcat is creating, in my instance of Tomcat.  So, I seem to have
a secondary problem that is messing up Tomcats logging configuration.

Any idea what I should check, to figure out why I don't have a <Host> log file?

Sorry, no.
The mysteries related to Tomcat logging are only disclosed to 1st-class Tomcat Gurus and System Packaging High-Priests. They are not disclosed to us mere mortals.
;-)

This being said, you may want to have a look at how your Tomcat is being started (meaning the startup script(s)), and see if they haven't done some high-level redirection of STDOUT/STDERR to SYSLOG or something.