> From: Dan Armbrust [mailto:daniel.armbrust.l...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: How to debug Error: listenerStart?
>
> Both of these variables are hard coded into the top of the catalina.sh
> script.  The rest is untouched from stock.

As a side note, you can do this with a separate setenv.sh script to avoid
modifying the released scripts.

> The logging properties appear to match what you expect.

Agreed.

Are you shutting down Tomcat gracefully before looking at the log file?  At
some point fairly recently, the log entries stopped making it to the file
system until the process was terminated, whereas they used to appear pretty
much immediately (at least on my Windows boxes; I don't have any active Linux
projects at the moment).  I don't know what changed (I suspect the JRE -
haven't taken the time to go hunting), but it makes it difficult to monitor a
running Tomcat.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.