Andrew Hole wrote:
Hi guys!

I'm getting a strange behaviour of Tomcat process.
I'm using a memory profiler and it shows the following info:
heap allocated memory: 278MB
non-heap allocated memory : 151MB

However, TOP shows that memory used by tomcat process is more or less 1GB.

What column of top is telling you that, on which platform and with which Tomcat ?

WhY this happens? Is it possible to understant what is using the remaining
MB?

Probably difficult at the best of time without a lot more information, but start with the above.

By the way, a good document of which I just heard of today is here :
http://java.sun.com/javase/technologies/hotspot/gc/gc_tuning_6.html