I'll start by giving a brief history:

We have multiple sites on our old host that ran under IIS and Resin fine for
years, we recently switched to a dedicated server using windows 2k3. Under IIS
we installed the isapi connector tool from apache version 1.2.27, and we are
currently using tomcat 6 for all our sites. The problem started from day one.
each day across all our sites, "some" shoppers will randomly have their carts
purged out right in the middle of their checkout process. I have determined
this isn't a browser cookie issue, as they had a solid session going otherwise
they wouldn't have been able to enter products into their cart and begin the
checkout process. I also know customers are within the 30 timeout window as
they have emailed us stating not 5 minutes after entering checkout they were
sent back to their cart page with an empty cart message. My only conclusion is
somehow these customers are losing their sessions and being issued new ones. It
seems to do this randomly and I can't seem to replicate the error myself, but I
am recording how often it occurs to other people. I'm uncertain who is the
culprit here (IIS or Tomcat or TomcatRedirector).

I have read other entries with people who have similar problems, but there
doesn't seem to be much in the way of solutions. Can anyone please point me in
the right direction as to figure out where to go from here? I've reached a dead
end, and don't know how to proceed. Thank you for any help or advice anyone can
offer me.

Michael
husar...@hotmail.com

http://windowslive.com/RediscoverHotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Rediscover_Mobile2_042009