Those are the requests I expected to see, they do correspond to the
URLs I entered in the browser.

I am deploying a preconfigured version of Pentaho that I found
here:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=140317&package
_id=160028&release_id=648414

I deployed this exact same package on my development box with no
problems. The preconfigured installation of Tomcat does appear (to
me at least) to follow the deployment guidelines on the link you
sent.