You should check to see if you are able to get the parameters when the
request(s) is send via a "get" vs. a "post".

--- On Wed, 5/6/09, Sanjay Manchiganti <ms4san...@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Sanjay Manchiganti <ms4san...@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: j_security_check/j_username/j_password issue in Tomcat Version
6.0.18
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Date: Wednesday, May 6, 2009, 11:08 AM

>>What "two versions"?

The version in which I can retrieve the j_username/j_password values is
5.5.27.  This doesn't work in version 6.0.18.

When using Tomcat Version 6.0.18,  I monitored the app using a proxy(Charles
Proxy),  I see the j_username and j_password in the request but when I do a
request.getParameter("j_username") or request.getParameter("j_password") in a
jsp I'm getting a null value back.

Thanks,
Sanjay.