hi Sagi, are you referring to the Http11NioProcessor objects?
If so, you should be able to configure the cache size when connections are released. So you could also use maxKeepAliveRequests to limit it

do you have the memory dump available?
Filip

sagi tomcat wrote:
Hello,

I am using Tomcat 6.0.18 in a production server, serving thousands of users
and hundreds of transactions per second. I am using the NIO connector. I've
noticed a serious memory utilization problem which were traced to the fact
that a single processor is dedicated to a connection and is not recycled
in-between requests. I've noticed ~7000 registered processors and that, as a
result, the server was busy doing GC and nothing else. I've performed
modification to the code to allow a processor to be recycled between
requests (I believe this was the behavior in older Tomcat versions) which
indeed solved the memory problem. I'd like to know more regarding the
implications of such a modification and to understand more why is the
processor is dedicated to a connection and not to a request.

Thanks