DONT_NEED>dont need with Comment

> Running tomcat 6.0.18 server.xml has the following listener's enabled by
> default:
>

>   <!--APR library loader. Documentation at /docs/apr.html -->
>   <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener"
> SSLEngine="on" />
DONT_NEED>NO Implementation of LifecycleListener that will init and
 and destroy APR? then comment this out

>   <!--Initialize Jasper prior to webapps are loaded. Documentation at
> /docs/jasper-howto.html -->
>   <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.core.JasperListener" />
DONT_NEED>NO implementation of listener is designed to initialize Jasper before
web applications are
 started then DONT_NEED>comment out

>   <!-- JMX Support for the Tomcat server. Documentation at
> /docs/non-existent.html -->
>   <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener"
> />
DONT_NEED>No implementation of LifecycleListener that
 instantiates the set of MBeans associated with the DONT_NEED>components of a
 running instance of Catalina.
(MX Agents) then comment this out

>   <Listener
> className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener" />
DONT_NEED>No Implementation of LifecycleListener that instantiates the
 set of MBeans associated with global DONT_NEED>JNDI resources that are subject
 management.
then comment this out!

> I am using standalone tomcat (no apache) without SSL, without APR, I am not
> using any manager or host-manager applications ..
>
> Do I need these listeners or can I remove some/all of them?
DONT_NEED>If No Apr then remove AprLifecycleListener
DONT_NEED>If No Jsp then remove JasperListener
DONT_NEED>If No MBean then remove ServerLifecycleListener
DONT_NEED>If No JNDI then remove GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener