> From: Oliver Block [mailto:li...@oliver-block.eu]
> Subject: jaas.config / JAASRealms
>
> I've modified jdk/jre/lib/security/java.security to
> find the jaas.config.

Not a good idea, since that affects every Java execution on that system.
Better to specify the location via the java.security.auth.login.config system
property.

> Is it compatible with the jaas design to keep web applicaton
> specific jaas.config files

I don't believe so; JAAS appears to be for the whole JVM instance, not
individual webapps.

> are there any directives for web.xml to declare the
> path to jaas.config?

No, the servlet spec is agnostic when it comes to the actual authentication
mechanism.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.