I found an error in my Apache configuration :

<IfModule jk_module> is wrong.
<IfModule mod_jk.c> is correct.
<IfModule !mod_jk.c> is what we need to load the module. The "!" means that
the directives will be executed if the module is not in the modules list.
so, if I am right,
<IfModule !mod_jk.c>
        LoadModule jk_module /usr/local/apache/modules/mod_jk.so
        AddModule  mod_jk.c
</IfModule>
will load the module, then add it to the modules list. Later in the
configuration I should use <IfModule mod_jk.c>, because now the module
should be in the modules list.

This works with Apache 1.3.37 on windows.
But on Debian, Apache doesn't start.
I tried different modules, in libexec or modules directories.

Last minute : I just have discovered that Apache has been compiled by the
hosting service provider.
httpd -V doesn't list options like
-D EAPI
-D EAPI_MM
-D EAPI_MM_CORE_PATH="/var/run/httpd.mm"
and httpd -l doesn't list mod_so.c, which means that Apache doesn't support
dynamic modules.

I guess that this is the end of my efforts trying to make it work ...