Hi,

On 25.06.2009 02:36, Vinicius Carvalho wrote:
> Hello there! We are adding a new server to our park, and now we are
> going to use LB for both machines. We are using an Alteon 180e layer 7
> switch to perform LB. So far everything was fine. But we decided to
> let the router do all the SSL part this way we would have something
> like this:
>

> [internet] --SSL:443---> [router] ---http:80---> [tomcat]
>
> The first problem we faced was within some applications that were
> using the <transport-guarantee>confidential </transport-guarantee>
> directive, and so tomcat was redirecting them to the 8443 connector
> which was disabled.
>
> We removed this directive, and configure a rule on the router that
> would accomplish the same thing, whenever an user tried to access a
> page using http it would be redirected to https. Now we are facing a
> problem with the redirect of some struts apps. Instead of redirecting
> to the https they redirect to the http (I can understand why, since
> the app is really being accessed by http port not https), I know this
> might be a struts/app design problem.
>
> I just would like to hear from you guys, if we are moving toward the
> right way by leaving all the SSL part on the router. I could not find
> one single doc about layer 7 LBs and tomcat around the web. Does any
> one have a good tutorial/starting point?
>
> Best Regards

you might find some information on

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/generic_howto/proxy.html

Although most of it is with respect to connecting Apache and Tomcat via
the AJP protocol, the page also contains some info about seetings
available for connectors in server.xml which fake some communication
info, like host name, protocol etc.

Those (short) details are at

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/generic_howto/proxy.html#Tomcat%20AJP%20Connector%20Settings

More info about the connector settings is available at

Regards,

Rainer