On 25.06.2009 08:46, Mladen Turk wrote:
> Fletcher Cocquyt wrote:
>> Hi, we have noticed when we get close to 150 workers/2000bytes defined
>> in our
>> worker.list - mod_jk 1.2.20 starts to break ("could not find worker
>> for worker
>> name=xyz")
>>
>> Anyone know what the limits are on 1.2.28 in terms of workers?
>>

> Unlimited if you use JkShmSize
> See http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/apache.html
>
> The size itself should be double the actual size if you
> are going to use the graceful restart (previous generation
> shared memory must be kept until all childs are done)

Actually 1.2.28 got rid of JkShmSize and does the calculation of the
needed size automatically :)

So starting with 1.2.28 there should be no upper limit of the number of
workers. Things might get gradually slower, if you add a huge number of
mounting rules (JkMount or uriworkermap.properties).

Regards,

Rainer