> From: Rahman Akhlaqur [mailto:aki...@yahoo.co.uk]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat 5.5.23 keeps starting threads until OS runs out of
> memory
>
> I have some more info about the issue that I think is related. I found
> our Tomcat executable is also establishing a lot of TCP connections.

Tomcat isn't, your webapp is.  Don't blame Tomcat for your misbehaving code.

> Is this some sort of tomcat ping?

No, it's your webapp opening up some sort of connection - likely RMI, judging
from your stack trace.

> Our tomcat connectors are set up to limit the max http threads as below

That's irrelevant, since it's your webapp starting the extra threads.

> The only timeouts are for the http requests, are there any other
> timeouts I can configure that could potentially stop all those selector
> threads from persisting?

Whatever you can configure in your webapp - this is a problem with your code,
not with Tomcat.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.