Fred Janon:

> It looks like you have an extensive experience deploying Tomcat 5.5.x on Win
> XP, SBS, Enterprise and Datacenter, so maybe you can tell me where the
> option to use APR/tc-native is during the installation using the msi file?

The installation wizard contains a page where you can choose what to
install. Among those choices is the native lib.

> Just wanted to share my experience, since the same issue has popped up
> several times for over a year, but fine with me if you think I am an idiot
> and the doc is perfect. I made an effort to subscribe to the list, post
> something, but if you have an issue with that, fine.

And Chuck made an effort to post a reply that adds *real* value to the
topic by explaining what went wrong and providing pointers to the
relevant docs. If, to you, this is the same as calling you an idiot,
your view of the world seems to be *very* different from mine.

BTW: The solution to the problem is not deleting a DLL but using the
appropriate configuration for the Connector you chose. And for choosing
the POJ Connector it isn't even necessary to remove the native DLL.

> Looks like the Jetty folks are less agressive. Lots of choices for a servlet
> container out there.

If you think Jetty suits your needs better, that's fine. The freedom of
choice is IMO one of the main advantages of open source software.

--
Regards
  mks