On 29.09.2009 17:01, Strickland, Lawrence P wrote:
> NO luck there either. This is what I saw when I tried to load that file:
>
> httpd: Syntax error on line 53 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
> Cannot load /usr/local/apache2/modules/libmod_jk.a into server:
> \t0509-022 Cannot load module
> /usr/local/apache2/modules/libmod_jk.a.\n\t0509-103   The module has an
> invalid magic number.

To bad. So I have one more idea, but that's it then.

The changes done to libtool were aplied to the libtool that comes with
mod_jk. But that one is only used when Building for Apache 1.3. Since
you are building for Apache 2.x, the libtool bundled with Apache is
used. If your Apache is completely in /usr/local/apache2, then the
libtool should be in /usr/local/apache2/build/libtool.

You can see which libtool is used from the output of configure. It
contains a line

LIBTOOL="/path/to/libtool --silent"

The same line is also contained in config.log.

You could try making a backup copy of that libtool, then applying the
same changes, that we did to the mod_jk libtool and run

make clean
make

Regards,

Rainer