On 30.09.2009 17:19, Bocalinda wrote:
> Hi André.
>
> I actually stopped one server on purpose, to test the mod_jk's behavior.
> So the errors are not generated due to an overload or something.
>
> I would love to send you the whole workers.properties file and server.xml,
> but unfurtunately at this moment I can't.
> In advance I can tell you that both Tomncat's are running on diffferent
> servers 10.189.x.x, on port 8009 and 8010 respectively.
>
> I stopped the server on port 8009, which coincides with the logs. Although,
> it seems strange to me that it keeps trying to send request to that server.
>
> Hope this helps...

Yes, if a backend node is gone and you don't inform mod_jk it will
detect it, but it will also log it.

Currently there is no separate probing of failed backends. If a backend
has been detected as failed, mod_jk will use one of the requests which
are eligible for this backend every now and then to see, if it works
again. Depending on the load this should happen about once a minute.
Usually mod_jk can detect very quickly, that the backend is still
broken, log the fact and send the request to some other backend.

If you to a backend out of service for some time, then it is nicer to
set its attribute "activation" to stopped, Then mod_jk knows, that it
shouldn't try to send anything there (and will not log any errors).

Regards,

Rainer