Hi Chuck,

I downloaded the 6.0.14 version, installed it on an other machine and
copy the wrong or missing files to the bad installation. It is working
now.

Thanks a lot for help.

Regards,

Razvan  Poenaru |Sr.Programmer/Analyst |Space Missions -MDA
(905) 790 2800
x4626|razvan.poen...@mdacorporation.com|www.mdacorporation.com
Canada – 9445 Airport Road, Brampton, ON – L6S 4J3

>>> "Caldarale, Charles R" <chuck.caldar...@unisys.com> 10/7/2009 3:05
PM >>>
> From: Razvan Poenaru [mailto:razvan.poen...@mdacorporation.com]
> Subject: RE: Getting an error with the Tomcat Manager on
version6.0.14.

> This is the manager.xml file I have in \webapps\manager directory:
> <Context docBase="${catalina.home}/server/webapps/manager"
>          privileged="true" antiResourceLocking="false"
> antiJARLocking="false">

The above appears to have been left over from a version of Tomcat prior
to 6.0.x; the docBase attribute is incorrect (and shouldn't actually be
there at all); there is no ${catalina.home}/server directory on Tomcat
6.  The above file does not exist on a current Tomcat download.

>   <!-- Link to the user database we will get roles from -->
>   <ResourceLink name="users" global="UserDatabase"
>                 type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"/>
> </Context>

I don't think the above <ResourceLink> is of much use.

> I do not have any contex.xml file in \webapps\manager\MET-INF

There should be one - it's part of the standard Tomcat download, so
someone has removed it.  The proper one looks like this:

<Context antiResourceLocking="false" privileged="true" />

and is located in
${catalina.home}/webapps/manager/META-INF/context.xml.

You might want to download a copy of 6.0.14 from the archives and
compare it with what you have; looks like someone has improperly mucked
around with the structure.
http://archive.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-6/v6.0.14/bin/

- Chuck

THIS COMMUNICATION MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR OTHERWISE
PROPRIETARY MATERIAL and is thus for use only by the intended recipient.
If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the
e-mail and its attachments from all computers.