Am Thu, 24 Sep 2009 10:54:56 -0500
schrieb "Strickland, Lawrence P" <lawrence-strickl...@uiowa.edu>:

> I am having some problems building mod_jk on AIX and I see the same
> functionality is supported in mod_proxy_ajp.
> Does anyone have some good reason why I should use one over the other?

Using mod_proxy_ajp we got problems with larger http-1.0-POST's: The
connector is truncating the POST before receiving its size.
FOR US this is a serious issue and we found no other workaround than
changing to mod_proxy (http) to wrap port 80 to port 8080 (Tomcat's
coyote-interface) which has other limitations ("out.flush"; hiding
source IP-addresses).

Beside this mod_proxy_ajp runs pretty well and is more simple to setup
than mod_jk and for most applications it works fine.
We are still testing mod_jk, so I cannot say if there are other
arguments against mod_jk. Unfortunately CentOS' default-installation of
Apache2 has no support for mod_jk, so we have to update manually. I
estimate it's the same for AIX.

We're running Tomcat-6 but I don't think that this makes any difference
concerning your question.

RU,
 Tobias.