Ok, i think i see what you mean. As far as I know there is no quickwin
for that. Web application suffer with this disease - that mean sharing
session over tabs. You have got three choices to deal with that.
A) You dont mind :)
B) You will prevent to work in multitabs over one session
C) You choose the third and the hardest - to support it :)

Here are some ideas, but no of them is 100%
1) set tomcat to use URL rewriting indtead of cookies
(http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/context.html)
2) produce some tab/browser identification and divide session (maybe
window.name property could be helpfull)
3) Look at JBoss Seam, it also support multitab browsing without
harming session as i know.

Good luck ;)