Rainer Jung wrote:
On 10.11.2009 14:26, thomas2004 wrote:
Remove the socket_timeout. Please let us know, whether that helped.
I've moved the socket_timeout and the reply_timeout two days ago but it
doesn't help.

Hi.
Just my Tomcat- and Java-dummy look on this.
As I understand the basic issue, there is a request coming through Apache for a document to be served by a Tomcat app. mod_jk forwards the request to Tomcat, and the Tomcat app can take upward of 20 minutes to produce the response (which is a PDF document). In the meantime, some timeout seems to occur at the front-end Apache or mod_jk level, and the user never gets his document. Now, is the problem not due to the fact that after receiving the request, Tomcat + webapp does not send back *anything* for more than 20 minutes ? Is there no possibility to have Tomcat + webapp return at least *something* in the meantime, to avoid this timeout ?