On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 07:13:44 +0100, Karthik Nanjangude <karthik.nanjang...@xius-bcgi.com> wrote:

Hi

This is not Fun dude...

I know how to write a SOCKET Programming for Standalone,

How do I write a socket Listener for WEB Application running over TOMCAT when the application is up and running.?

Please be serious...I asked for some help or ideas .... :(

Tomcat is a Servlet engine. You can use Tomcat to write/run Servlets.

What is your setup?

client <-A-> tomcat <-B-> 3rd party app?

'A' is handled by a servlet?
And you have to write 'B'?

Can you provide more information?

Ronald.

With regards
KArthik

-----Original Message-----
From: Ronald Klop [mailto:ronald-mailingl...@base.nl]
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2009 9:06 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Howto Socket (TCP / IP ) reading from a war application on Tomcat

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 14:59:16 +0100, Karthik Nanjangude
<karthik.nanjang...@xius-bcgi.com> wrote:

Hi

Can some body  provide me a sample code for  Socket  (TCP / IP )
reading  from a war application on Tomcat

Can Listeners be made use of for the same?

Reason:  I need to   Accept / Reply  a XML File over the socket port
from 3rd party application (as Client )
                 Also the  Soap (Approached was not recommended for
this  existing application )

With regards
Karthik

See here for some examples: