Nishant,
that didn't quite work, actually.

After some struggle with our outsourcers, we added a new machine
running Tomcat 6.0.20 *without tcnative* (they misplaced the .so
files).

That eventually resulted in a worse behaviour: within a few minutes
from startup all the TP-Processor threads on that machine get stuck on
the java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0 method.

We are about to test the same server using
- Tomcat 6.0.20 + tcnative 1.1.18
- Tomcat 6.0.16 + tcnative 1.1.18

(Our original configuration runs on Tomcat 6.0.16 + tcnative 1.1.10)

In the meanwhile, we found out these lines in the mod_jk log:

 [Thu Dec 03 16:58:52 2009][31539:42688] [info]
service::jk_lb_worker.c (873): unrecoverable error 200, request
failed. Client failed in the middle of request, we can't recover to
another instance.

Could that be related to a firewall not working properly between
Apache and Tomcat?

Regards,
Alessandro