> From: Adria Stembridge [mailto:adrya.stembri...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: New to Tomcat -- SSL
>
> I compiled jsvc per tomcat 5.5 documentation.
>
> [Linux] service tomcat5 stop
> [Linux] ./bin/jsvc -Djava.endorsed.dirs=./common/endorsed -cp
> ./bin/bootstrap.jar -outfile ./logs/catalina.out -errfile
> ./logs/catalina.err org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap

Looks like you didn't start jsvc under the root userid.  Also note this from
the instructions:

"jsvc has other useful parameters, such as -user which causes it to switch to
another user after the daemon initialization is complete. This allows, for
example, running Tomcat as a non privileged user while still being able to use
privileged ports."

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.