From: sharmila punde [mailto:sharmila...@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, 22 January, 2010 04:13 PM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Tomcat 5.5.28 EL not evaluated

Dear All,
    My OS is fedora, and i have installed tomcat 5.5.28. I have web app.  My
jsp page has EL as follow-
${perosn.name}.

I put jsp-api.jar, servlet-api.jar into /usr/java/jdk1.5.0_16/jre/lib/ext.
Servlet works fine, but above EL is considered as plain text. My web.xml of web
app has following lines -

    <jsp-config>
        <jsp-property-group>
            <url-pattern>*.jsp</url-pattern>
            <el-ignored>false</el-ignored>
            <scripting-invalid>
                true
            </scripting-invalid>
        </jsp-property-group>
    </jsp-config>
Why EL is not getting evaluated after translation to .java file.
Can some one please help me sort out this problem
Regards