Alessandro Bahgat wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 11:02 AM, Pid <p...@pidster.com> wrote:
>> On 25/01/2010 09:17, Ran Harpaz wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello, I'm using Jetspeed 1.6, running on Tomcat.
>>>
>>> In a portlet I developed, I create a .csv file and print a link to it.
>>> The
>>> user then needs to right-click on the file and select "save file as".
>>>
>>> The dialogue that pops up defaults to file type HTML file, and replaces
>>> the
>>> .csv extension of the file I link to with .htm.
>>>
>>> Is there anyway to resolve this? I really need to give access to the csv
>>> file as-is, and not bother my clients more than neccessary.
>>
>> Are you setting the "Content-type" header to "text/csv", or are you just
>> generating it with a JSP?
>>
>> The latter will automatically set text/html as the content type.
>
> You may also want to change the content-disposition header in order to
> make your server prompt the user with the "save as" dialog:
>
> For example,
>
> response.setHeader("Content-disposition",
>                   "attachment; filename=" +
>                   defaultCsvFilename );
>
> Regards,
> Alessandro

Thank you, but this solution doesn't seem to work on Jetspeed, due to the
fact that I'm running JSR-168 Portlets on it. I don't believe they support
changing the response's ContentType.

I wanted to know if there was anything about the Tomcat platform that could
result in a CSV file defaulting to an HTM file, and if there was anything to
do about it.