> From: Laird Nelson [mailto:ljnel...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Still unable to get a heap dump from Tomcat running on
> Windows as a service
>
> The one selected by default when one chooses the "Log On" tab of the
> graphical Tomcat monitor.  The value of the label is: "Local System
> account".  That radio button is checked.

That's not a user account, that's the system account, with pretty much no
privileges to do anything.

> > Try using a real account, possibly one in the administrators
> > group to see if that makes a difference.
>
> I will try this; thanks.

All my testing has been done with a real account, so that may well be
difference.

> Is there any reason to suppose that such an installation is
> somehow borked?

Probably not; it's just that the .zip download gives you more options, which
can make debugging problems like this much easier.

> Is there a problem with the out-of-the-box Windows experience
> that is heavily promoted on the Apache site?

Not sure it's "promoted"; I think it's mostly there for the casual Windows
users who become panic-stricken when there's no .exe or .msi installer.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.