hi,
I would like to list the content of a directory outside tomcat root
without enabling the listings parameter in default servlet.

conf/web.xml
------------
    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>default</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>org.apache.catalina.servlets.DefaultServlet</servlet-class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>listings</param-name>
            <param-value>false</param-value>
        </init-param>
    </servlet>
------------

conf/server.xml
------------

      <Host name="localhost"  appBase="webapps"
            unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"

        <Context path="/test" docBase="/path_to_some_dir/">
            <Parameter name="listings" value="true" />
        </Context>

if I try to get a file inside the dir it works (
http://localhost:8080/test/some_file.txt ) but if I try to list the
content of the directory ( http://localhost:8080/test/ ) I get 404.

any idea?

thanks