> From: CBy [mailto:tom...@byrman.demon.nl]
> Subject: Re: [OT] Question on Executor (thread pool)
>
> I am still curious though on when and how to use Tomcat's Executor. I
> someone could provide me with a nice example, I would be most grateful.

Tomcat's thread pools used to be on a connector basis, so each had to be sized
for the maximum load expected on the server.  Having a single executor shared
by some connectors provides a more consistent way of tuning the server as a
whole, while still allowing an individual thread pool for any connector that
requires it.

To second Chris' comment: sharing a thread pool between Tomcat and the
dedicated needs of your webapp is just asking for trouble.  Don't try to force
commonality on things that are unrelated, especially when it's so easy not to.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.