I installed TC 6.0.26 on one machine in my Windows XP network. It is set up
to run as a service. I can access the administrator from that page using
http://localhost:8080 or using the machine name, i.e. http://hal9000:8080. I
thought I should be able to access the administrator from other machines in
my network using the latter, but I cannot. I can see various hal9000 shared
directories from windows explorer, including the tomcat home on hal9000. I
feel embarrassed because this seems obvious, but I cannot seem to figure out
what I am doing wrong.

-----
Bill Turner
http://www.changent.com Groovy/Grails Talk