> From: Dobson, Paul L CTR USAF AFMC 416 SCMS/OBN
> [mailto:paul.dob...@hill.af.mil]
> Subject: Unable to get client authentication working in tomcat 6
>
> I have a tomcat 5 installation that uses client authentication.  I am
> trying to upgrade to Tomcat 6.0.24 and I am not able to get the client
> authentication to work.

You appear to have enabled the native APR connector, which uses OpenSSL, not
JSSE.

> This is the section from my server.xml file that sets up the client
> authentication:
>
> <Connector port="8443" SSLEnabled="true" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
> maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" maxSpareThreads="75"
> enableLookups="false" disableUploadTimeout="true" acceptCount="100"
> scheme="https" secure="true"
> keystoreFile="C:\Progra~1\apache-tomcat-6.0.24\SSL\keystore"
> truststoreFile="C:\Progra~1\apache-tomcat-6.0.24\SSL\truststore"
> clientAuth="true" sslProtocol="TLS" />

The above is for the Java-based connector.  The easiest thing would be to
disable the APR code by deleting or renaming tcnative-1.dll in Tomcat's bin
directory.

If you decide you want to use the APR SSL code (it's faster), the doc is here:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/apr.html

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.