On 19.05.2010 17:37, savoym wrote:

Ranier - Thanks for the reply.  I have some questions on your response.  The
INT value that your get_server_value method returns how do I determine from
that what the userid is and more importantly, what calls this method and
populates the values for this method to run?

Sorry for the ignorance.

Sorry the code snippet wasn' actually meant to be included. i tried to answer your question below the original post.

The function is used internally, and the int value is only a return code (success or not). The function returns a string the the provided buffer "buf", but that's all opaque to you. Check again for what I wrote below your original post.

Regards,

Rainer

Thanks again.

Rainer Jung-3 wrote:

static int get_server_value(LPEXTENSION_CONTROL_BLOCK lpEcb,
                              char *name, char *buf, DWORD bufsz)
{
      DWORD sz = bufsz;
      buf[0]   = '\0';
      if (!lpEcb->GetServerVariable(lpEcb->ConnID, name,
                                    buf, (LPDWORD)&sz))
          return JK_FALSE;