Hi André, Melinda and everyone else,

On 20.05.2010 14:31, André Warnier wrote:
savoym wrote:
I Rainer Jung is around, he may tell us if my assumptions are correct,
that IIS+redirector also sends the IIS user-id to Tomcat, if there is any.

If not, then tonight I might be able to send you a servlet filter to
dump the HTTP headers of the requests sent by IIS to Tomcat, to see if
there is a user-id in there somewhere. Unless you have already checked
that ?

I checked before my original reply and it seems the IIS variable "AUTH_USER" is automatically forwarded by the isapi plugin. When setting tomcatAuthentication="false" on the AJP connector (!), the value can be retrieved by the getRemoteUser() method.

I would set the log level of the redirector to "trace" on an idle test environment and then do a single request there that is expected to be authenticated. The log lines in the redirector log should tell us, what is actually being forwarded (lots of log lines, but lots of info too).

Regards,

Rainer