On 26.05.2010 18:30, Savoy, Melinda wrote:
Trying again to see if I can respond to Andre's question regarding what my
directory structure is in order to help me determine where I've gone wrong in
my setup and why I'm not getting the auth and user values in the request that
is being forwarded to my Tomcat server.  I can connect via the Tomcat connector
to my site successfully however, I cannot authenticate my userid and therefore
I cannot get to my application which is dependent on that value so that the
authenticated user can access the web app.

Here is my setup:

1.  Andre, before you ask, I am still waiting on a test Windows 2003 server to
be setup where I can test this on a server rather than my XP box as you
suggested to me previously, but I'm stuck testing on my Windows XP box until
then.
2.  Currently I am testing to see if using the Tomcat connector will work on my
local Windows XP box.
3.  I am testing my web app within Eclipse using Tomcat 6.0 (meaning my web app
is a dynamic web project within Eclipse and has been added to the Tomcat server
in Eclipse).
4.  My URL is:  http://localhost/SCMIS/index.jsp
5.  The directory structure on my local box where my web app is located is:
C:\Snaps\savoym_remote_scmis_phase5_dev\scmis_phase5_vob and the directories
directly under this directory is:
Build
Common
Libraries
Lookup
Lost+found
Maintenance
PurchaseOrder
Requisition
SCMIS (this is the where the JSP's are located and this is the directory that
is defined in my SCMIS IIS virtual web site)
Security
6.  In IIS 5.1, on my Windows XP box, the setup is as follows:
a. Default website has a directory security setting of (Anonymous access -
checked)
b. jakara virtual website has a directory security setting of (Anonymous access
- checked)
c. SCMIS virtual website, within the jakarta virtual website, has a directory
security setting of (Windows Authentication - checked)

Does it work, if you switch all of those three to "Anonymous access" unchecked and "Windows Authentication" checked?

What is the SCMIS virtual website in IIS for? Are you trying to serve static content directly form IIS? If "no", I don't see a reason why you would want to have that virtual website. Are you forwarding /SCMIS/* to Tomcat, or only JSPs?

As I wrote in a previous post, it didn't work for me when i only switched the jakarta virtual website to Windows auth. It only started to work, when I changed the default website too.

Regards,

Rainer