Thanks Terence.  Actually I had that in my JSP page (with the "=") but I did
not put it below.  My apologies.

-----Original Message-----
From: Terence M. Bandoian [mailto:tere...@tmbsw.com]
Sent: Friday, May 28, 2010 8:00 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: How can I get the user value in the request forwarded to my Tomcat
in my Java app?

Hi, Melinda-

It may be helpful to try that again with the JSP expression syntax:

    <%= request.getRemoteUser() %>

Notice the '=' after the first '%'.

-Terence Bandoian

Savoy, Melinda wrote:
> Sorry, I had to leave the office yesterday after I answered part of Ranier's
> question.
>
> When I inserted the <%request.getRemoteUser()%> in the index.jsp page where
> that is the only thing on my page, I saw in my browser this error:  Error The
> SCMWeb Inventory/Purchasing web application has encountered the following
> error: (did not show an error).

The information contained in this message and any attachments is intended only
for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may
contain information that is PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
are prohibited from copying, distributing, or using the information.  Please
contact the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the original message
from your system.