Rainer:

> would you mind opening an issua in Bugzilla, attaching your
> log snippet
> and possibly your workers.properties

I created bug 49468 in bugzilla, included my log snippet and
attached the workers.properties file.

> You can also open a second issue concering the obvisouly wrong
> connection count shown in the status worker.

I created bug 49469 in bugzilla and attached my screenshot
showing the negative number of connections.

> Thanks and sory for the trouble

Thank you for being so responsive!

I hope we are able to fix the lock-up problem soon since this
is a production system.  I sincerely appreciate your help.

Thanks,
        Neil

--
Neil Aggarwal, (281)846-8957, http://UnmeteredVPS.net
FREE trial: Tomcat 6 virtual server with unmetered bandwidth