On 22.06.2010 16:18, Savoy, Melinda wrote:
Thanks Pid.  That is what I'm working on right now.  I am in the middle of the
Decoder part of the code again.

My apologies to this list as I understood I could get that directly from the
ISAPI filter as it would decrypt it for me, which it does per the ISAPI log,
and then pass it on to me via the HttpServletRequest getRemoteUser() which it
does not do.

It does, but I expect something in your application stack to overwrite or delete it again.

If you want to find out what happens, you need to get into a more simple test situation, like deploying a trivial app (e.g. the default Tomcat ROOT context), and simply add a JSP or servlet there that shows you the request.getRemoteUser(). I expect that to work. Then the question why it doesn't work in your app is up to your application and framework code.

Regards,

Rainer