<rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
> wrote:
>> On 19.08.2010 21:17, li...@cgi-net.ch wrote:
>>> On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 20:57:57 +0200, Rainer
> Jung<rainer.j...@kippdata.de>

> subdirectory:
>>> directory,
>>> tomcat

>>> apache

>>> I tried it with JkMount /application worker1 and with JkMount
>>> /application* worker1
>>>
>>> Quick question, you've written JkMOunt /application|/, what does the |
>>> stand for?
>>
>> JkMount /application|/* worker1
>>
>> is a short syntax for the two rules
>>
>> JkMount /application worker1
>> JkMount /application/* worker1
> Thanks for that hint, might be useful for further work

>>> Yes
>>
>> Good.

>>> Well it displays the login page, but the formatting of the does not
> work,
>>> and when I hit the submit button, nothing is happening.
>>> Do you think that it is possible that /application does require / to
be
>>> access able as well (both application coming from the same vendor and
> are
>>> related to each other)
>>
>> Aaaah!
>>
>> Yes it is quote possible that the page contains links to other content
>> that does not reside under /application. Those could be CSS (style
>> sheets) responsible for correct rendering and JS (JavaScript files)
>> responsible for actions when pressing buttons. You can look at the
>> source code of the login page or use some browser plugin that shows you

>> all links referenced in the page. Some browsers might show you the info

>> out of the box.
> OK, I'll need to check that - please note that this will require some
> time.
You were right, there were *.js files, which the application is/was
sharing between / and /application
With JkMount /*.js worker1 everything is working now - except some
pictures, but this is fine (can do the same for them too)

>>> that,
>>> than
> but

> is

> allow

>>> OK, I've anyway disabled them already since they were not working

>>> I can send you more log files, but I think the problem is more related
>>> with the application it self.
>>
>> Right.
>>
>>> The error I receive from apache is 404 which means he can not find the
>>> document (which indicates that I've made some configuration mistake)
>>
>> You can look at the Apache access log to check, what other resources
the

>> browser tries to access. Maybe they are contained in a few other
folders

>> or have a few file content suffixes you can add with a couple of
>> additional JkMounts.
> As soon as I've checked the source code of the page, I'll try to go with
> this solution.
> Hope it works
As written above, that was the problem ... I've applied the change and
everything is working now.
The only thing I have to-do is to redirect 404 return code to
http://<server name>/application - but that should not be a problem

>>> General question, is it possible to allow access to /* to make the
> stuff
>>> working but restrict access for customers to /application
>>> (like you can do it with<directory>  stanza in apache)
>>
>> In principle it is possible. The details depend on what "customers" are

>> (defined by IP or what?) and which URLs precisely need to be public vs.

>> private.
> Hmmm, customers can come from everywhere ... so I think this will be
> difficult.
> Basically the only URL which needs to be public access able is
> http://<servername>/application
> everything else should remain private
I'll see how I can implement this, maybe Apache <Location> stanza will
work

Thanks and all the best,
Simon