Hello all,

I have a problem that is driving me crazy.  I don't even know if its a
Tomcat issue but maybe someone out there can help me out.

I have a webapp that I first developed locally.  I tested this on my
local environment (windows) and had no issues.  I then deployed the
same app to our QA environment (linux).  There i am seeing something
strange.  There are three main tabs, "Home", "Messages" and "Admin".
I can go between home and admin, no probs.  But once i click on
Messages, somehow the session on the server gets messed up.  The way i
check whether session is valid is not is that I have a filter that
will check if a certain attribute is present in the session or not.
If its not, i assume the session is invalid and forward to login page.
 As soon as i click on the Messages link, i cannot do anything else;
anywhere else i click it takes me to the login page.  I put print
statements in my filter and verified that it is not able to find the
attribute in the session.  Which is strange because the session id is
the same (i have verified by printing it out, and also seeing what is
sent in the actual request headers via firebug).  I am not removing
the attribute from the session in any place; and in any case it works
fine locally as i said before.

Does any one have any clue as to what could be happening?  I can post
code if needed, but i don't know where to begin :)

Any help appreciated!

Thanks.

-h