Hello,

I'm quite new to tomcat and have an old webapps running on tomcat 4.1
and jvm 1.4.2 with apach2.2 in front ofthem (using modjk).
I'm trying to get ready for a comming pick load I will have to face.
I Try to do some benchmark using ab and the jkstatus worker.
Whatever the configuration of my connecter (both on the apache or tomcat
side) I never go upper than 20 requests / second.
Here are few  parameters I changed in order to get better performances:

-Apache2 (worker):
increased ServerLimit (64), ThreadLimit (256), MaxClients (2048),
ThreadsPerChild (128)
set to a non zero value MaxRequestsPerChild (500)

- modjk (1.2.30):
set to non-zero value worker.selfcare.connection_pool_timeout=60

-Tomcat AJP13 Connector:
acceptCount="50" enableLookups="false" maxProcessors="500"
bufferSize="4096" socketBuffer="20000"

Unfortunately this doesn't help and am still stuck with 20req/s when the
machines' load is not that high and 60% of CPU at most is used during
stress test.
I've googled around but can't find anything else about increasing
performances of apache/tomcat... Help much appreciated

Regards

P.S: right now am using ab to send 2000 request with 50 concurrents.